Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Day 2 - Uruguay vs Holland

Overslept today -- that hasn't happened to me in years!

Had our first group meeting and security briefing... met our bodyguard Niels who has been shot twice in 7 years in Cape Town.
Lori and I went to the Aquarium -- very cool place. Saw some species of fish that you don't see in the Northern hemisphere. They have fish from the Indian and Atlantic Oceans.We took a chartered bus to the Stadium. I bought a hat on our layover in Amsterdam to wear to the game.

We had dinner in the hospitality area

Then went to the match - great stuff - Holland won 3-2 but Uruguay fought to the end. Then back to the hospitality area to let the crowds clear and back to the hotel. Tomorrow we take a charter flight to Durban to see semi-final #2: Germany vs Spain which should be a terrific match.

1 comment:

  1. Oh. My. FSM. That hat is amazing. I expect the hat picture to be your new profile picture on facebook by the next time I check. Bodyguards and sideways penguins- interesting. Also, I wouldn't say Uruguay fought to the end; I would say they fought PAST the end, as the game kept going for around 2 minutes past the originally allotted stoppage time. Excellent game, though. The first goal was the goal of the tournament.

    ReplyDelete